A healthy way to start your morning. Tasty and full of nutrients, not to mention spinach - an excellent source vitamins and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
200g spinach leaves
4 large eggs
4 tsp single cream
4 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5/Fan 180ºC.
- Wilt spinach by placing in a sieve and pouring over boiling water.
- Squeeze out excess liquid, roughly chop and saute in 5 g butter if desired.
- Season and divide between 4 buttered ramekins.
- Break an egg over each ramekin and add 1 tsp cream and 1 tsp grated Parmesan on top.
- Place the ramekins into a roasting tin half filled with hot water and cook for 10-15 mins.
- Serve immediately with brown toast and butter.