Pancakes are lovely anytime day, this breakfast recipe recipe is satisfying, filling and best of all, a must for those with a sweet tooth in the morning.
3 tbsp orange or satsuma juice
225g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
25g melted butter
40g caster sugar
2 large eggs
80 mls milk
1 large orange, peeled and sliced or
2 satsumas segmented
Butter or oil or greasing
Maple syrup or honey
- Place 3 tbsp orange or satsuma juice into a food processor.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blitz for 30 seconds or until the mixture is blended and is free of lumps.
- Drop small ladlefuls of the mixture onto a very lightly greased frying pan and allow to cook on one side for approximately 2 mins until you see bubbles forming.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for another minute.
- Serve warm with fruit slices or segments and a little drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
NB. Canned mandarins can also be used for this recipe