A gorgeous recipe with prawns, lemon, parsley and chives. Eggy and fabulous. Recipe by food demonstrator & home economist, Teresa Bovey.
125g small frozen prawns, defrosted
100g brown breadcrumbs
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
1-2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp very finely chopped chives
Salt and pepper
4 medium eggs, separated
Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/Gas 6.
- Defrost the prawns, drain off any water and place them into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, milk, egg yolks, chopped parsley, chives and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them into the prawn mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6x buttered 125ml ramekin dishes and stand them in a small roasting dish. Add hot water into the dish so that it comes half-way up the ramekins. Bake for 20 mins until golden and well risen.
Cooks tip – Defrost the prawns for 2-3 mins in a microwave. Leave to stand for 10 mins. Drain off any liquid.