A wonderfully filling Indian inspired tortilla, with plenty of vegetables, fabulous served with a lovely green salad.
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely diced
1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp curry powder
50g wilted spinach leaves
300g leftover cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
100g frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180ºC Fan/Gas 5.
- Fry the onion in the oil in a medium sized frying pan until softened. Add the chilli, garlic and spices and cook for 1 min,
- Stir in the spinach leaves, cook until wilted and add the potatoes and peas.
- Whisk the eggs, season and add the coriander to the mixture then pour over the potato mix.
- Cook on a low heat for 3-4 mins and then transfer the pan into the preheated oven. Bake for 18 mins until golden.
- Turn the tortilla out onto a board, cut into 4-6 wedges and serve with a spicy chutney, some raita and a green salad.
Cooks Tip – To cook potatoes - place diced potatoes into a bowl, add 1 tbsp water cover and cook in the microwave for 3-4 mins. To wilt spinach- place into a bowl with 1 tbsp water and microwave for 1 min, alternatively place the spinach in a colander and pour over a little boiling water.