The Retford Business Forum Christmas Planning Team is finalising plans for this year’s Retford Christmas Market and Lights Switch-On. It will be held on Sunday 21st November, from 10.00am to 6.00pm, in and around the Market Square in Retford. (some locations may vary)
As well as the usual star guest – Santa - brought to us by Retford Lions, there will be a range of Christmas stalls, crafts, on-stage entertainment, and fireworks, plus the spectacular Retford Christmas Lights. There will be some new attractions and some old favourites this year - here are some of the attractions:
1. On stage, there will be the open air service at 11.00am, followed by entertainment from the Elizabethan Academy, Majestic Theatre School, Makaton Choir, Louise Clarkson Dancers, The Performance Hub, Jo Jingles, and Jessica Mary Brett. (subject to confirmation)
2. Bassetlaw Museum will be providing activities to entertain the children and the Pilgrims Gallery will be open – if you haven’t already seen it, now’s your chance!
3. Grove St Methodist Church will have an even bigger Star Festival...and refreshments.
4. St Swithun’s Parish Church will be holding its famous Christmas Tree Festival - let’s beat that
100 trees target again this year! - and refreshments.
5. A Fairground organ will provide the atmosphere, and the usual range of excellent food stalls,
cafes and restaurants will provide the sustenance.
This will be the sixth year that Retford Business Forum (RBF) has delivered the Christmas Market and Lights Switch-on ( cancelled because of Covid in 2020). The Forum is delighted to be working in partnership again with North Notts BID, which is not only providing financial support but is also helping with the organisation and delivery of the event this year.
Sally Gillborn, Chief Executive of North Notts BID, said:
“We are delighted to be supporting Retford Business Forum with this year’s Retford Christmas Market and Lights Switch-on – it’s great to be able to stage this event again - it will really launch Christmas in the town centre”
The Forum also welcomes the continuing support of Bassetlaw District Council, Retford Lions and other local businesses and societies. It is a community event run for the people of Retford and the surrounding villages, and visitors have been welcomed from all over Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire...... and beyond!